Trade Mark Registration
Trade mark registration is the best way to protect your brand. Simply using our company formation service to start a new limited company will not be enough to protect your business.
The company name you want may already have been trade marked by someone else. This will not show up in ordinary company name searches. Perhaps more worryingly another business can trade mark your company name after you have registered it and get superior rights to use it!
Trade mark registration is the ultimate protection and allows you to:
- Use the ® symbol to show your trade mark is registered
- Prevent others from using your mark by taking legal action
- Build your trade mark into a valuable asset which can be sold, used as collateral for a loan or sold on
- Much, much more!
Specialist Trade Mark Registration
As well as UK trade mark registration, it is also possible to seek registration on a wider basis, either within the European Union or across the entire world. These forms of trade mark registration are known as:
- European Union Trade Mark Registration (CTM)
- International Trade Mark Registration (Madrid)
Different rules apply, but if you are planning to take your business onto a European or International level in the future then we can supply trade mark registration guidance and support to help you get the best possible protection.
Benefits of Trademark Registration
There are many benefits to trade mark registration which allow you to get the best value for your investment.
- A trade mark is a tax efficient asset of the company and can be used as such.
- Trade marks are valuable assets of a business and can grow in value as the business expands.
- Trade mark registration allows you to protect your asset and prevent others from abusing and potentially damaging your goodwill.
- Nationwide protection for up to 10 years.
See our article on the benefits of trade mark registration for more information on how a trade mark registration could benefit you.
Trade Mark Search - £33.29 Ex. VAT
A trade mark search is a good way to ensure that your chosen business name, company logo or other symbol is not already registered as a trade mark by another business.
Carrying out a trade mark search will prevent your trade mark registration from being rejected and also allow you to be aware of similar trade marks already on the register.
We recommended carrying out a trade mark search before completing a company formation, to ensure that your chosen company name or logo is not likely to infringe upon someone else's trade mark.
Order online today for a low cost service with free legal guidance.